The ESCLEW has been providing high quality sponsorship since the beginning of the community school movement in Ohio. We currently sponsor 53 schools throughout Ohio. In addition to schools with typical populations, we oversee schools focused on gifted students, students with special needs, STEM education, and career and technical education. We also have experience with internet-based schools and those focused on drop-out recovery prevention. The ESCLEW has the expertise to provide you with strong technical assistance.
The ESCLEW prides itself on the service it provides to the schools it sponsors. Each sponsored school is assigned a regional technical assistance educator to ensure the school receives personalized attention. We respond quickly to concerns and assist schools with any problems they might encounter. That said, we try to strike a balance in our level of involvement. If the school is doing well, we provide flexibility in operation of the school.
The ESCLEW Community Schools Center is a student-centered authorizer of charter schools, advancing quality educational opportunities throughout the state of Ohio. The Community Schools Center centers its work on this mission on the following core values:
- Collective Integrity – We value people with high ethical standards, reliability, and trust, and we empower through accountability and transparency.
- Relationship Building – We achieve partner satisfaction through customized creative solutions, being service-centered, and by understanding that every interaction is a moment of truth that creates an impression.
- Continuous Improvement – We are committed to advancing our current condition and producing quality educational outcomes.
- Proactive Spirit – We are ahead of information, anticipate change, and tailor tools and processes practically and professionally.
- Work Life Balance – We plan for the future and live for the day. We live balanced lives, work hard toward our goals, and take time to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments.