The ESC of Lake Erie West programs are administratively grouped under six headings.
Center for Teaching & Learning: The Center for Teaching & Learning includes five major service areas.
- Student Services programs focus on students from preschool through age 21 challenged by physical, mental and emotional disabilities. One specific Student Services program is the Alternate Learning Center (ALC). The ALC is a K-12 school for children with severe emotional, behavioral and mental health disabilities. Students are provided with academic programming and taught skills needed to make a successful transition back to their home school
- School Improvement Consultants work with district teachers and curriculum directors to improve instruction and support professional development objectives.
- Gifted Education serves students in six school districts
- As an authorized Pearson VUE test center, we offer the GED as well as approximately 80 other computer-based assessments.
- Challenger Learning Center immerses students in a realistic simulation of NASA’s Mission Control Center and Space Lab.
State Support Team – Region One: The SSTR1 is responsible for the regional delivery of school improvement, literacy, special education compliance, and early learning and school readiness services to districts. The SST serves schools and school districts in Defiance, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Lucas, Ottawa, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Van Wert, Williams, and Wood counties.
Community Schools: The ESC of Lake Erie West helped pilot community schools in Ohio at the direction of the state legislature. We currently sponsor 65 community schools throughout Ohio. .
Auxiliary Services: Through this federal and state funded program, chartered non-public (parochial) schools receive services for their students. Twenty-six schools currently contract with the ESC of Lake Erie West for specialized services.
Fiscal Services: The treasurer’s office provides fiscal services to schools, school districts and community schools. Services include training in school accounting, assistance with financial planning, preparation of financial statements, payroll and purchase order processing, oversight of federal and state reporting, grant management, EMIS support, health insurance administration, STRS/SERS and worker’s compensation reporting.
Administrative Services Programs: The Collingwood Center offers a fitness/aquatic center to staff, students and community members. The Motorcycle Safety Program is offered county wide every summer and involves motorcycle riding practice and safety instruction. The Traffic Safety Program is funded by federal grants and is focused on reducing deaths, injuries, and costs associated with motor vehicle crashes. The ESC of Lake Erie West is also the approval agent for Home Education for four local districts.
More information on our programs can be found in other sections of this website.
EDUCATIONAL SERVICE CENTER OF LAKE ERIE WEST
2275 Collingwood Boulevard
Toledo Ohio 43620